Oh! I just ADORE baby showers! Last Sunday, we celebrated the upcoming birth of sweet Gabby Sue Howard. The expectant Mama is my dear niece, Mrs. Christina Howard, married to my nephew, Jeff Howard. They have been married 2 years and, what a special couple! The shower was held at my new home, and, I was so excited to host a party, see the flow and, to celebrate and rejoice over this soon-to-be-born little life. I will share an AMAZING ham biscuit recipe with you as well. My sister-in-law, Emily Bryson Clem (the soon-to-be grandmother) was kind enough to allow me to share her recipe.
TO DIE FOR, I promise, you will want to whip these up very, very soon! In fact, once the shower date was set, the first thing I knew we had to have on the menu was Emily’s ham biscuits, served up warm, and, you can’t stop eating them!
- 24 soft rolls (half ingredients below for 12 rolls)
- 1.5 sticks marg. or butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 T mustard
- 2 T poppy seeds
- 3 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 lb. honey ham (shaved at Deli)
- Mozzarella or Swiss cheese slices
- Cut rolls horizontally, setting the top layer aside. Place bottom layer in a 9×13 pan. On top of stove mix melted butter, onion, mustard, poppy seed, and Worcestershire sauce and let simmer for 15 minutes or until onions are tender. While mixture is simmering, layer on bottom layer of rolls: mayonaise, ham and cheese. Spoon mixture over the cheese evenly and top with the tops of the rolls. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 for 25 min. Uncover and rub tops of rolls with butter.
The sweet Mama-to-be…..Mrs. Christina HowardGorgeous petit fours by Super Lo grocery store…..a Memphis grocery store….these are SO good! …..and pretty! Flowers! As always, Garden District did not disappoint! I LOVE to arrange flowers, but, this shower came together with them bringing the flowers. =) Donut holes from Gibson’s…..who doesn’t love donut holes? An easy thing to serve and, always a treat for your guests. Aunt Gloria Bryson Elliott, Sis-in-law and, Grandmother-to-be, Emily Bryson Clem and, my niece Chelsea Marie Clem Ahhhhh……the famous ham biscuits…..Easy and refreshing party punch: I have made this for so many years! One bottle white grape juice and, one bottle ginger ale, that is IT! Serve over ice. I floated strawberries in this for a pop of color! Do not worry if the entire bottle will not fit in your punch bowl, you can’t mess this up! Add more ginger ale to your taste. EASY!!!
You can’t go wrong with a pink and white color scheme for a girl baby shower. I just LOVE the way this turned out! Oh yum! What is a shower without yummy mints? These came from Dinstuhl’s candy in Memphis. A local company. Thank you Hannah for bringing these! Guests enjoying the food….Opening gifts….her friends brought such neat things for sweet Gabby….
My daughter Brooke and, Mama-to-be, Christina. Brooke loved helping Christina open and display the gifts.