OH MY! I had so much fun making this wonderful and quick one dish meal! This truly is good enough to serve for an elegant dinner party. My family really loved it, and, I love a “kid friendly” main course.
I absolutely love to “experiment” in the kitchen. My dear mother never cooks with a recipe, she is just an amazing cook…..I am no where near a no recipe, ‘scratch’ cook like her, however, this recipe is a definite keeper. I added Italian seasoned meatballs to this, but, it would be wonderful without them too. The meatballs made the dish more hearty and, everyone pushed away from the table nice and full, goal accomplished.
These days, I adore a quick prep meal that tastes like it took hours to cook. How GREAT! Hope you enjoy. Invite some dear friends over for a nice meal and serve this up. Toss up a nice green salad and heat up a loaf of buttered French bread to go along with it. DONE!
- 4 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth ( I used organic chicken broth in a box)
- ¾ can evaporated milk
- ½ cup half-n-half
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup with garlic
- ¾ cup white wine (I used chardonnay)
- 4 slices bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 T. ground sea salt
- 1 t. crushed white pepper (use regular pepper if you don’t have white)
- 1 package frozen Italian style beef meatballs
- 1 box Farfalle/bowtie pasta, boiled until soft and water drained off
- In a large skillet over low-medium heat on the stove, add the olive oil, chicken broth, evaporated milk and half-n-half. Stir constantly until warm. Add the corn, mushroom soup and white wine. Stir until blended, about 2 minutes. Add the bacon, parmesan cheese and pepper. Continue to stir until blended, over the heat.
- Tip: (Be sure and take the skillet off of the heat, if you need to stop stirring to gather ingredients– you do not want it to scorch or burn). Lastly, ½ the bag of meatballs to the sauce. Stir constantly until the meatballs are good and heated.
- Spoon the sauce over hot bowtie pasta. Serve right away.
- * This sauce keeps really well in the refrigerator, for several days. I ate a portion for lunch the day after and, the flavor was even better than the night before. YUM!
Sweet Boss ate this right up! Have a great weekend and, as always, live with FLAIR! Best Regards, Beth