My Mom would always make a wonderful dish called “Bean Bake” in my growing up years. The weather in Memphis this week has been so rainy and, last night, I decided to make my own version of Mom’s Bean Bake. My children and hubby really loved it and, I am excited to make it again soon. A one dish supper and, this will surely take away the “rainy day blues”.
Easy Prep: Simply brown 1 pound of ground beef with 1 packet taco seasoning. Drain off grease. Add 1 can kidney beans (drained), 1 can diced green chilies and 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese. Stir all together. Place mixture in to a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Prepare 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix (according to the box) and spread over the top of the meat mixture. Top with 1 cup of grated cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve right away. I am telling you all….this is SO YUMMY!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 t. each salt and garlic powder (or, to your taste)
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1½ cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Brown ground beef with taco seasoning and drain off grease
- Stir in salt and garlic powder
- Stir in green chilies and kidney beans
- Stir in 1 cup grated cheese
- Place mixture in a greased 8 X 11.5 glass baking dish.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to the package.
- Spread corn muffin mix on top of the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Wishing all of you a wonderful weekend! Make it a weekend with lots of Flair!!!!
Happily Linking To: