This meal is DELICIOUS and, I always get really excited when my children enjoy my recipes. Seriously, this meal takes 20 minutes to prepare and, I guarantee, NO leftovers because your family and/or guests will want to go back for second helpings. I love a little spicy mixed with a little sweet flavor and, these two recipes together are very tasty.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 2-3 cups prepared buttermilk ranch salad dressing
- 2 packages pre-seasoned chicken coating (the kind you shake in a bag)
- ½ t. ground sea salt
- ½ t. ground course black pepper
- Coat a glass 9 x 13 baking dish with extra virgin olive oil. Rinse off the chicken. Place the buttermilk dressing in a medium size bowl. Place the chicken coating in the plastic bags (comes in the box, or use a large zipper top bag). Add the sea salt and pepper to the chicken coating crumbs and mix well. Add 3 pieces of chicken at a time to the buttermilk dressing, making sure each piece is fully coated. Place chicken pieces into the bag of seasoned chicken coating and shake the bag well until each piece is nicely covered. *Note: the chicken will feel sticky. Lay the chicken in the baking dish evenly. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, until browned and cooked in the middle. Serve hot. *Recipe can be easily doubled to serve 12.
Sweet Southern Coleslaw:
2 packages slaw mix
1 1/2 cups real mayonnaise
1 T. white vinegar
1 cup sugar
Place the slaw in a salad bowl. In a medium sized bowl, wisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. * Add a little more vinegar, if you want more of a sour taste. Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss well. Serve right away or, make ahead and serve it chilled.
SO GOOD! The chicken and coleslaw mixed together is yummy too…..mmmm…..a wonderful meal!!!! Hope you ENJOY!!!!!
Happily Linking To: