OH MY! These chicken enchiladas are SO delicious! The best part? You can prepare them the night before and, then, serve them the next evening. I made these for a special Valentine’s Day dinner party last week. One thing is for certain, every single plate was scraped clean after this main course and, well, I love this…..makes me know that our guests enjoyed the meal.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 3 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 3 shakes hot sauce ( I used Louisiana hot sauce, but, Tobasco sauce is fine too)
- 1½ t. ground sea salt
- ¾ cup white wine
- 2 cans chopped green chilis
- 1¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 medium size flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mozzarella or Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
- Boil the chicken with 1 t. each: salt, pepper and garlic powder for 30 minutes, until tender. Drain water off of chicken and let cool. Chop the chicken into ½ inch pieces. Combine chicken with cream cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce, sea salt, white wine and green chilis.
- Place 3-4 Tablespoons of the chicken mixture in the middle of a flour tortilla and roll up. Repeat x 10. Wrap up tightly and, place side by side, in a glass 9 x 13 dish (be sure and spray dish with cooking spray). The tortillas can touch or overlap a bit, this is fine.
- Pour the whipping cream evenly over the wrapped enchiladas. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Can Refrigerate overnight and serve the next day.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered for 30-35 minutes. Serve immediately. Garnish with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
- Note: These are GREAT as leftovers! So good the next day!
These enchiladas will surely be a hit with your family and your guests! Why not invite a new family over for dinner this week or, a neighbor that you have been wanting to get to know better? Host a “Girl’s Night Out” for a few friends and, serve this easy main course. Get to cooking and, your guests will be so excited to try this dish!
As Always….Living with Flair,
Happily Linking To: