We have lived in Memphis, TN over 10 years and, I can’t believe I have never made this very simple and great recipe! Sausage and Cheese served up “Memphis Style” is delicious and, over the years, I love to eat it at the famous RENDEZVOUS or, Central Bar-B-Q~ fantastic! This appetizer is also served quite often at parties here in our great city. No one ever ‘tires’ of eating this dish in these parts…..SO GOOD!
A big “shout out” to my nephew, Jeff Howard, for giving me the instructions on this recipe. WOW! I served it last night for dinner and, we devoured it in about 5 minutes flat!
This is truly a crowd pleasing recipe. With tailgating season right upon us…..take this dish to your friends and family before the big game. YUM!
You can order the “Famous Seasoning” (pictured below) from Rendezvous directly or, for anyone in/around Memphis, you can find it in your grocery store, in the spice section. Go ahead and pick up 2 containers at once, this makes a PERFECT hostess gift or little “happy day” gift for a neighbor or friend.
- 1 package Kielbasa sausage (I used Kroger brand)
- 1 bottle Rendezvous Famous Seasoning (you can also use dry rub bar b q spice)
- 2 cups cubed cheese
- Bar B Q sauce for dipping
- Slice sausage in to ¼ inch pieces. Place on a cookie sheet, sprayed with olive oil spray. Shake Special Seasoning over sausage pieces generously. Bake for 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees, until good and hot and browned around edges. Serve right away with cheese cubes. Dip in bar-b-q sauce.
- * I sprinkle the cheese cubes with the dry rub also. GOOD!
Is your mouth watering yet? I sure hope you will make a batch of this Memphis Style sausage and cheese sooner, rather than later. Enjoy!
Living With Flair,
Happily Linking To: