Happy Summer Everyone!!! My precious Mom had to undergo open heart surgery in early May and, thankfully, she is doing wonderfully well. So many prayers were offered up on her behalf and, the prayers were answered. Praise! Between this big event with Mom and, the end of school…..my blogging has been a bit derailed, however, I am excited to catch up today and….dying for you to try this super FRESH and EASY Greek appetizer. I have made this 3-4 times this summer and, it is so healthy, easy and ADDICTIVE! A big shout out to my dear friend Stephan….she shared this recipe with me last summer. YUM!
I made this a few weeks ago for my tennis team ‘end-of-season’ celebration. The ladies on my team are SO DEAR and, I invited them over to thank them for playing on my team this spring. We had a wonderful evening of visiting, eating…. and talking all things “tennis”.
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix, dry mix
- 1 large container hummus, I used the garlic flavor
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large jar Kalamata olive pieces, make sure they are pitted
- 1 container crumbled Feta cheese
- ½ cup pine nuts
- Juice of 1 medium size lemon
- 3 T. olive oil
- Combine cream cheese and Italian dressing in a medium size bowl until creamy. Spread mixture in the bottom of a large serving tray or glass pyrex dish. Layer the hummus, red bell pepper, olive pieces, Feta cheese, pine nuts. Drizzle olive oil over the top and the fresh lemon juice. Place in refrigerator 3-4 hours and serve cold with sliced cucumbers and bagel chips.
Truly hope everyone is enjoying a GREAT and relaxing summer!
As Always, LIVING WITH FLAIR,
Happily Linking To: