Oh my goodness!!!! Need a DELICIOUS and quick dinner idea? You can’t beat this New York strip with roasted potatoes! SOOOO good and, I promise one thing….your dinner guests or your family will be LICKING their plates clean.
This is super fast and, SO good! I make this for dinner about once a month. My children love it too!
- 2-4 New York Strip steaks, ask butcher to cut
- 6-8 red potatoes, washed and cut in cubes
- Olive Oil (extra virgin)
- ½ cup Red Wine (Merlot)
- Sea salt, ground
- Cavender’s Greek Seasoning
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ½ cup butter, cut in slices
- Whole black pepper, ground
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Steaks: Rinse the steaks and pat dry. Pour ½-3/4 cup olive oil on a cookie sheet (use a cookie sheet with an edge around it). Lay steaks on pan. Pour red wine and 3-4 T. of worcestershire sauce over steaks. Season heavily with sea salt, Cavender’s Greek Season (or, another dry steak season), garlic powder and black pepper. * The heavy seasoning forms a wonderful crust like flavor on the steaks.
- Broil for 8-10 mins., flip over after 5 minutes. You may broil for more or less time, depending on how you prefer your steak cooked. Serve hot.
- Red Potatoes:
- Pour 2-3 T. olive oil in a glass 9 x 13 baking dish. Lay the washed and cubed potatoes in the dish evenly. Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Place slices of butter in and around the potatoes. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 400 degrees 35-40 minutes until tender. * Cover with foil after 25 minutes, so that the cheese doesn’t become too brown. * Okay if the cheese is crisp….it tastes SO good! * You may need to cook a little shorter or longer, according to your oven temperature. Make sure they are nice and tender. Serve hot…..SO GOOD!
I hope you will make this “family favorite” dinner real soon! This is perfect for a chilly fall evening. YUM, YUM, YUM! Invite a few dear friends over and serve this up with a pretty green tossed salad. Heat up a loaf of French Bread and, for dessert? You can’t beat Coffee ice cream served with fudge sauce. Writing this is making me SO hungry! Hope you enjoy!!!!
As Always~ Living with FLAIR,