Truly hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! The weather in Memphis has been unusually mild and nice for June. We have enjoyed being outside and, have had great family time! I am so excited to share this YUMMY marinara sauce with you all! You can serve it over pasta or, it is great as a warm appetizer, served with bagel chips or baguettes. I love to “experiment” in my kitchen! This recipe was pleasing to my husband and children and, well, I was literally eating the leftovers out of the pan….
- 1 jar store bought marina sauce ( I used RAGU brand)
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- ½ block cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. ground sea salt
- ½ c. red wine
- 2 t. basil, chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 dozen frozen Italian meatballs
- Place all ingredients in a large skillet on over medium heat. Stir carefully until the cream cheese, parmesan and spices are all blended evenly. Lastly, add the meatballs to the sauce and, continue to stir sauce until the meatballs are hot all the way through.
- Note: Add more salt, garlic powder and red wine, per your taste.
- Serve over pasta (we love farfalle pasta!) or serve as an appetizer, with baguettes or bagel chips.
- This really is DELISH! Hope you enjoy!
Make a batch of this sauce right away! You can easily place the sauce in a canning jar and, share with a neighbor or keep it in the refrigerator for another meal. Have a great afternoon! Living With Flair, Beth
Happily Linking To These Great Blogs: