I had the BEST time making these festive cupcakes! They turned out so moist too….melt in your mouth yumminess! Look for cupcake decoration kits at specialty kitchen stores, like Williams-Sonoma. You can make these for Easter, Mother’s Day or….a birthday party. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 jar strawberry preserves
- ½ block cream cheese, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar
- ½ t. almond extract
- ½ t. vanilla
- 2 T. whole milk
- red food coloring
- festive sprinkles
- Mix the cake according to the package directions, using a hand mixer. Fold in ½ the jar of strawberry preserves and stir well. Pour into paper lined cupcake pan. Bake according to the package directions.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, extracts and milk, blend until creamy. *Add a little more milk as needed, to ensure the icing is spreadable. Fold in the other half of the strawberry preserves. Add 1 cup additional sugar, as needed, if icing becomes too thick. Add several drops food coloring, until the icing is light pink, or to your liking. * Recipe can easily be doubled
- I decorated with Valentine sprinkles and, then, added gold sugar sprinkles for an extra bit of “flair”. Fun to eat!!!
Happily Linking To: