Recently, I was asked by a friend, about home fragrance and, what my recommendations are for keeping the home smelling good. I am thrilled to share this information, because, in fact, keeping wonderful scents in my home is truly a long standing hobby of mine. There is an art to making the home smell DELICIOUS and, inviting.
Here are a few ideas to inspire you to keep your home smelling so good….your guests will never want to depart. I guarantee it….
- Always be on the look out for candles and, very important, know your brands. Here are my top 5 favorite candle brands and, they all can be found on the internet, OR, check local stores who may carry them. *Flair Tip: Don’t know a lot about candles? The next time you are in someone’s home where a wonderful scent draws your attention- do not hesitate to ask the host what the scent is. The host will be flattered that you asked and, you will learn something to help improve your home.
- Trapp Candles, TRAPP. No. 61, “Quince and Pomegranate” is divine! ANY of their scents are going to be well worth your money. Very fragrant and, they burn slowly. I have consistently used the scent “Orange Vanilla“, over the years— one of my staples.
- Tyler Candles. Tyler Candle Company. Their “Limelight” scent is wonderful!
- Seda France. SEDA FRANCE. “French Tulip” and “Japanese Quince” are my Flair picks.
- Votivo. VOTIVO CANDLES. Their “Red Currant” is iconic and, I love the “Vanilla Grapefruit“- you truly cannot go wrong with ANY of their scents. Their scents are a luxury to enjoy.
- Aromatique. AROMATIQUE. These candles have been a MUST in my home for over 17 years (my entire married life!). For Spring: “The Smell of Spring”; For Fall: “Cinnamon Cider”; For Christmas: “The Smell of Christmas”. I buy each of these scents in a large jar size and in the votive size. AMAZING scents that instantly send a message ‘announcing’ the season.
2. The Candle Pantry: I keep candles in their very own ‘pantry’ right inside a large drawer in an antique English pine chest that is in my entry hall. I shop all year long for wonderful candles and, often, find candles on sale at stores such as: TJ MAXX and, TUESDAY MORNING. *A great time to buy candles is after the season. For example, after Christmas, shop the sales and, you will often find good candles for 50% off the regular price. Since my chest is full of all my favorite scents, when ever I have guests coming over, I know that I can ‘dip’ in to my drawer and, pull out a delicious smelling scent. Readiness for a well fragranced home– this is key.
4. Reed Diffusers. Diffusers are a wonderful way to add a fresh scent to a space in your home. These can be found at many specialty stores. The reeds stick out from the jar of oil and, right away, your room will be fragrant. I like these products because they typically will last for 4-6 months. A good investment. Check out the “Island Grapefruit” diffuser by VOTIVO. Perfect!!!
Get started on making your home a place filled with wonderful fragrances. A home that ‘welcomes’ a guest with a fabulous scent TRULY is a home with FLAIR! The ‘Art’ of a fragrant home….truly worth your time and energy.